Your voice is special. That’s why it deserves much more than your usual doctor’s visit.
What happens during a comprehensive voice evaluation? As it turns out, the answer is a lot. When you see Los Angeles Laryngologist and Voice Specialist Dr. Rafii for a comprehensive voice evaluation, you will receive:
- A detailed Voice History, where we’ll dive deep into how you use your voice for your work, your life, and your art, and what your short- and long-term vocal goals are
- A comprehensive medical history, with a special focus on conditions that have interplay with the voice, such as reflux, allergies, sinus and breathing problems, lung issues, and autoimmune and hormonal problems
- Perceptual voice evaluation, using established techniques to assess the quality of your voice while you actually perform various vocal tasks (yes, I may ask you to sing!)
- Manual laryngeal palpation, to assess the anatomy and health of the joints, muscles, and tissues making up your vocal instrument
- Videostroboscopy, for direct visualization of the vocal cords
- A complete voice treatment plan, made in collaboration with you and customized for your unique needs. No one-size-fits-all treatments here!
- Coordination and collaboration with other members of your voice team, including voice therapists, voice teachers, vocal coaches
Most importantly, what you’ll get during your comprehensive voice evaluation is time. No hurried visits…we’ll take as long as we need to get you the vocal care you deserve.
Call today to schedule your Comprehensive Voice Evaluation with Dr. Rafii, and take the first step on your journey to vocal health.
Schedule an Appointment